Has your garage door opener remote suddenly stopped working for you? There is nothing more frustrating than having a garage door opener and it not working properly for you. When your garage door opener remote suddenly stops working, it is usually something that is fairly easy to diagnose.
This article lists some of the most common problems that may be causing your garage door opener remote to not work properly. If you find any adjustments and repairs that are not self-evident, you will need to check your ownerâ€™s manual or more importantly, contact a professional garage door repair service to do the repairs for you.
Your garage door is the heaviest piece of equipment in your home and it can be extremely dangerous to work on if you do not know what you are doing.
- Garage door opener will not work with the remote or the wall switch: In this case, the power source of the garage door opener has most likely been disrupted. One needs to make sure the motor unit is plugged in properly and also check the circuit breaker or GFC.
- Garage door will not close all the way: The close limit switch will need to be adjusted.
- Garage door will reverse as soon as it hits the floor: The close limit switch may need to be adjusted.
- Garage door goes into reverse before it hits the floor: The close force most likely needs to be adjusted.
- Garage door will not open completely: The limit switch most likely needs to be moved toward the motor unit.
- Garage door opens up but the motor will not stop running: The limit switch most likely needs to be moved away from the motor unit.
- Garage door will not open up or close with the remote control: There may be several different solutions for this. You can first trying moving closer to the garage door (it may be that you are just out of range of the garage door). You should also make sure that the antenna on the motor unit is hanging down. If the door seems to be functioning fine with the wall switch, you may just need to replace the battery in the remote control. Finally, you can try reprogramming the remote control.
If you have tried all of the solutions above and you still do not seem to be able to figure out your garage door opener, you should call a professional. We at Girardâ€™s Garage Door Services are waiting to hear from you to help you with all of your garage door needs. Call us today at 610-837-4738. You can request an estimate or just call us and you will receive same day service to get your garage door back in service today!